Kilkenny’s Jackie Tyrrell takes on The42 Christmas Quiz
FROM ROBBIE BRADY to Rio de Janeiro, 2016 has been another busy year for Irish sport.
But how well do you remember those big moments and the people who were at the heart of it all?
Click Here: canterbury-bankstown bulldogs jersey
We tested some of Ireland’s top sports stars with 10 questions in The42’s first-ever Christmas quiz.
Kerry footballer Colm Cooper still leads the way on seven out of 10, one clear of Tyrone’s Sean Cavanagh.
Today, it’s the turn of Kilkenny’s nine-time All-Ireland hurling winner Jackie Tyrrell.
If you’d like to give the quiz a go yourself before watching the video, scroll down to see the questions below.
The42 Christmas Quiz – Questions
1. How many goals did Ireland score at Euro 2016?
2. Who scored Ireland’s final try in the Chicago win against the All Blacks?
3. Ann Downey managed which county to the All-Ireland camogie title?
4. How many UFC fights did Conor McGregor win in 2016?
5. Who won this year’s Connacht football championship?
6. Name the Irish sailor who won Olympic silver in Rio this summer.
of the team
Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.
Become a Member
7. Who won the 2016 FAI Cup?
8. How many All-Ireland football titles have the Cork Ladies now won in a row?
9. Who was named 2016 Hurler of the Year?
10. How many games did Ireland win in the 2016 Six Nations?
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!