Monday’s Torch Today – Importance of Raw opening segment, Sheamus media, beefed-up Survivor Series security, Corbin vs. Slipknot, Hardcore Holly to IYFW’s Mayhem convention
PWTorch editor Wade Keller presents a special Thursday Flagship edition of the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast featuring a WrestleMania 36 Preview with ex-WWE Creative Team member and professional stand-up comedian Matt McCarthy.
(Search “wade keller” to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
TORCH TODAY – Monday, November 23, 2015
– The opening segment of Monday’s Raw is the most important 10-15 minutes of WWE TV for the remainder of the year. For the first time since WrestleMania, there is a new WWE champion, which means Sheamus has to be re-positioned after being ice-cold, the audience has to be given a reason to care about the WWE Title picture going forward, and Roman Reigns has to deliver the memorable, inspiring promo that has been one of the missing pieces of the puzzle for his character.
With Raw being a post-PPV episode centered on big news coming out of the PPV, they have a window to hook viewers before the undefeated New England Patriots play on Monday Night Football – not just for the rest of the show to avoid second and third hour viewership declines – but to reinvigorate the audience for the rest of the year going into 2016. That’s what makes the opening segment of Raw vitally important.
– Sheamus is lined up for a media run promoting his WWE Title run. News of his title victory was covered by the Irish Mirror. It will also be interesting to see if there is a follow-up on Sheamus’s recent association with the Notre Dame college football team, which is in position for a College Football Playoffs berth if they win out.
– The Atlanta Journal Constitution covered the beefed-up security at Atlanta’s two big events on Sunday – Survivor Series at Philips Arena and the Atlanta Falcons’s NFL game earlier in the day at the Georgia Dome. There was a significant security presence at Survivor Series after a faux threat against the event.
-NXT wrestler Baron Corbin is continuing his feud with Slipknot lead singer Corey Taylor after their angle at an NXT festival show last month. “He took a shot and he’ll pay for it eventually; I’ll get my hands back on Corey. So it’s a good little feud that’s starting up between us. And I’ll be happy when I get my payback,” Corbin told Revolver magazine. (Full Coverage at Blabbermouth.net)
– Updated New Japan World Tag League Results & Standings following Monday’s results.
– In Your Face Wrestling announced Hardcore Holly for their big “Memories, Moments, and Mayhem” Convention & Event scheduled for March 12, 2016 in Albany, New York. The annual event brings in a host of wrestling stars and legends. Tickets are currently on-sale at IYFWrestling.com.
Click Here: liverpool mens jersey