RESIST DAY #55: What You Can Do Today
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- Following this week’s release of the CBO’s “devastating” analysis of the House GOP’s plan to destroy healthcare, the time is now to step up the pressure on your elected lawmaker to oppose this legislation
- using the district-specific Affordable Care Act numbers provided by Contacting Congress.
- (or whatever name they give the #AHCA)
- Indivisible has provided resources and information .
- for other upcoming Town Hall events in your area
- We can stop them and save our health care, if we raise our voices in unprecedented ways. That’s why constituents will gather outside the district offices of nine Republican Senators and 23 Republican Representatives who hold the decisive votes for peaceful “Stakeouts to Save Our Health Care” from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. this Thursday and Friday, March 16 and 17, when members of Congress return home for a scheduled “district work period”.
- Find a Stakeout event near you .
- Follow the social media hashtag for ongoing updates.
- With confirmation hearings set to begin next week for Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch, Democratic lawmakers and constituents nationwide are saying #WeObject and vowing to #StopGorsuch from bringing his anti-woman, pro-corporate agenda to the highest U.S. court.
- Highlighting the hypocrisy of members of Congress who benefit from large healthcare subsidies at the same time that they work to kick millions of Americans off of their health coverage, a man who lost his father to cancer because he was uninsured has created a petition demanding an end to those subsidies for lawmakers.
- Today is the Ides of March (Beware! Mr. Trump) and people from around the country have organized to send the president a message the old-fashioned way: by postcard.
- Check out the for details and send your postcard to the White House today!
- Send your message by post, but before you drop it in the post please share it on social media using the hashtag
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide’s “Capitol Calendar.” See if there’s a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn’t, start one.
- ” also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive ” on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with “5 Calls” (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join “Ready to Resist” Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
Our work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Feel free to republish and share widely.