We’ll Leave It There So: Andy Farrell’s appointment, Jose Mourinho’s aversion to the cold and all today’s sport
Stephen Kenny has enjoyed a frutiful year with Dundalk FC this year.
Source: Lorraine O’Sullivan/INPHO
- Ireland assistant coach Andy Farrell has been appointed the Lions’ defence coach for next summer’s tour of New Zealand.
- Tipperary hurling legend Mick Roche has passed away at 73.
- Dundalk boss Stephen Kenny picks up the Philips Sports Manager of the Year for 2016.
- Dana White does not expect to see Conor McGregor fighting again for another 10 months.
- Wiehahn Herbst has signed a new deal with Ulster that will see him remain at the province for at least the next two seasons.
- Connacht’s Craig Ronaldson has been ruled out for at least a month with a thigh injury.
Jose Mourinho supervises a Manchester United training session in cold temperatures.
Source: Efrem Lukatsky
- A caddie collapsed and died at the Dubai Ladies Masters where play has been suspended until tomorrow.
- South African referee Craig Joubert has announced his retirement from officiating Test matches in order to take up a new role with World Rugby.
- Jose Mourinho has hit out at Uefa for staging Manchester United’s Europa League game against Zorya Luhansk tomorrow, in freezing Ukraine.
- Fifa Pesident Gianni Infantino says he wants to expand the World Cup finals to 48 teams featuring 16 groups of three.
- New York Knicks president Phil Jackson has admitted that marijuana is part of the NBA culture.
The Best Thing We Shared
The expected hostility between Dereck Chisora and Dillian Whyte descended into a table-throwing farce today ahead of their British heavyweight title bout on Saturday.
On The Record
Pat Lam speaking at a press conference in the Sportsground.
Source: Tommy Dickson/INPHO
Pat Lam says Axel Foley’s sudden death prompted him to think about his family’s future and consider the offer from Bristol.
I went to Killaloe and the removal, saw Olive and the two kids. Axel was in my environment. I could picture the situation. I’m the second Pat Lam, my grandfather died at 55 when I was nine. My dad was going through a triple by-pass recently.
“Driving home (I thought): ‘if that was me, what would happen to Steph and the kids?’”
Where We Were Today
UCD’s Jack McCaffrey pictured at the Sigerson Independent.ie Higher Education GAA Senior Championship Launch & Draw at Croke Park.
Source: Seb Daly/SPORTSFILE
Fintan O’Toole was at the Sigerson and Fitzgibbon Cup draws in Croke Park, chatting to Dublin’s Jack McCaffrey. John Fallon was at a Connacht press event in the Sportsground in Galway, while Murray Kinsella attended a press conference for the Lions at Carton House.
The Fixture List
of the team
Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.
Become a Member
Click Here: louth gaa jerseys
Dundalk are still in with a chance of qualifying in the Europa League.
Source: Morgan Treacy/INPHO
There’s a feast of UEFA Europa League action coming up tomorrow including the Group D clash between Dundalk and Maccabi Tel-Aviv (kick-off at 18.00) with Dundalk currently sitting one point off AZ Alkmaar in third place.
Elsewhere, Zorya Luhansk face Manchester United (kick-off at 18.00) in Group A while in Group K, Southampton take on Hapoel Be’er Sheva (kick-off at 20.05).
This video of an Iguana evading the charge of some hungry snakes to the tune of Marshawn Lynch’s words, is both terrifying and uplifting in equal measure.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!