We’ll Leave it There So: Brady linked with €12 million move, Yaya apologises and all today’s sport
Anthony ‘Pretty Boy’ Taylor pictured at the Bellator 169 Open Workouts in the Straight Blast Gym earlier.
Source: Gary Carr/INPHO
- The Galway hurlers’ fight against the Leinster structure will go before GAA Congress.
- Ireland international Robbie Brady is being linked with a €12 million January move away from Norwich to Aston Villa.
- An ex-Kilkenny minor hurler, Thomas O’Connor, hit the net in Southampton’s FA Youth Cup win at Old Trafford last night.
- The dates for Ireland’s first Test matches against Japan since 2005 have been confirmed.
- Pat Devlin is a League of Ireland manager once again.
- Chelsea have been slapped with a fine for the Man City brawl — but they avoided a points deduction.
- Samoa winger Denny Solomona has completed his Sale move – but his former club are threatening legal action.
- Liverpool have been warned to stay away from Borussia Dortmund’s teen star Christian Pulisic.
- Man City star Yaya Toure has apologised to fans for drink driving.
- England rugby chief Ian Ritchie has backed Dylan Hartley to remain as captain.
The Best Thing We Shared
The six-year-old Afghan boy who wore a plastic bag as Messi jersey has met his hero.
The image the world wanted to see. The six year old boy who dreamed of meeting his hero, #Messi, finally comes true. #FCBinDoha pic.twitter.com/58FWn17b9A
— Road to 2022 (@roadto2022) December 13, 2016
Source: Road to 2022/Twitter
On The Record
The situation with Turkey came up at the European Track Championships this year as well. Some of these Kenyan athletes, all they do is apply for a passport and they get a passport hand-delivered to them in Kenya and off they go. That’s fundamentally wrong. If someone is genuinely a refugee or living in the country for at least three or four years, of course they should be entitled to run for that country. But passports of convenience for a country to win medals is not the way to go, it’s fundamentally wrong.”
Sport Ireland chief executive John Treacy on the controversial eligibility rules that allow Kenyan athletes represent European countries.
Click Here: sharks rugby jersey
The Fixture List
- There are plenty of Premier League games taking place tomorrow, including Crystal Palace v Man United and Middlesbrough v Liverpool.
The Westmeath hurlers donated their post-match meals to the homeless last night.
of the team
Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.
Become a Member
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!