We’ll Leave It There So: Farewell Pat Lam, Aguero gets banned and all of today’s sport
Pat Lam guided Connacht to Pro12 glory earlier this year.
Source: James Crombie/INPHO
- Connacht Head Coach Pat Lam will be leaving Connacht at the end of the season to become the new Head Coach at Bristol.
- Cork City striker Sean Maguire signed a new deal with the League of Ireland side that will see him remain at the club for at least another season.
- Former Clare senior football coach Mick Bohan is set to get a second stint as the Dublin ladies senior football manager.
- Kieran Donaghy’s new autobiography What Do You Think Of That? is named the eir Sports Book of the Year.
- Dublin County Board CEO John Costello hits out at allegations made about the county board’s commitment to hurling in the county.
Source: Adam Davy
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero was issued a four-match ban for his challenge on David Luiz at the weekend.
- France coach Didier Deschamps says he intends to pursue legal action against Eric Cantona for racial slurs about his choice of players for Euro 2016.
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport rejected Sepp Blatter’s appeal against a six-year ban from all football activities.
- The Copa Sudamericana has been awarded to Brazilian club Chapecoense, following the tragic airplane disaster which claimed the lives of a number of the players.
The Best Thing We Shared
This cheeky effort at a penalty from Lee Trundle.
On The Record
Dublin County Board CEO John Costello says Michael Carton’s comments “are totally wide of the mark.”
Source: Morgan Treacy/INPHO
Dublin County Board CEO John Costello claims that Diarmuid Connolly was struck a number of times before one of this year’s championship games.
In one of our championship games this summer one of our players – (no prizes for guessing who!) – Diarmuid Connolly – was struck about six times before the ball was even thrown in to commence the game.Okay, they were not Mike Tyson haymakers he was hit with but, nevertheless, each blow was an infraction of the rules and worse still, happened right under the gaze of one of the referee’s linesmen.
Where We Were Today
Kieran Donaghy with his new book What Do You Think of That.
Source: Morgan Treacy/INPHO
Kevin O’Brien was in the Dun’s Library at the Royal College of Physicians in Dublin for the eir Sport Sports Book of the Year ceremony.
Alan Waldron attended the Leinster press conference at Leinster Rugby HQ in the RDS.
of the team
Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.
Become a Member
The Fixture List
Some Barcelona players attend a training session ahead of their clash against Borussia Monchengladbach tomorrow.
Source: Manu Fernandez
There’s Champions League action coming up tomorrow with all the kick-offs taking place at 7.45pm. Barcelona take on Borussia Mönchengladbach and Manchester City play Celtic in Group C while Basel face Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain battle it out with Ludogorets in Group A.
Bayern Munich have a Group D clash with Atletico Madrid while PSV Eindhoven face off against FK Rostov.
In Group B, it’s Benfica vs Napoli and Dynamo Kiev vs Besiktas.
Click Here: Canterbury Bulldogs Jersey
This David Beckham-esque effort from Alejandro Camargo to help seal a 3-1 victory for Universidad de Concepcion.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!