We’ll Leave It There So: GAA reveal new sponsor, Bjorn named Ryder Cup captain and today’s sport
Man United players Jesse Lingard and Phil Jones were in Dublin yesterday to open Lifestyle Sport’s flagship store on Mary Street.
Source: Dan Sheridan/INPHO
- The GAA have announced a new sponsorship deal with Littlewoods Ireland for the next three years.
- A six-month notice clause in Pat Lam‘s Connacht contract is believed to be behind the timing of the announcement of his departure.
- Former Ireland and Connacht flanker Johnny O’Connor has been appointed as Galway United’s strength and conditoning coach for the new season.
- One of the country’s most expensive greyhounds has been taken from its kennels in Tipperary.
- The Mayo County Board’s PRO has lashed out at media organisations attempting to ‘blacken Lee Keegan‘s name’ during the build-up to the All-Ireland final.
- Staying in Mayo, football manager Stephen Rochford has appointed former inter-county goalkeeper Peter Burke as a selector for 2017.
- Cork City have completed another piece of good business by tying Irish U21 international Kevin O’Connor down to a new deal.
- Ireland international Dan Tuohy has completed his move to Premiership side Bristol.
Denmark’s Thomas Bjorn has been named as Europe’s next Ryder Cup captain.
Source: PA Wire/PA Images
- George North is likely to miss Northampton’s Champions Cup clash with Leinster this Friday as he undergoes a further head injury assessment.
- Thomas Bjorn has been named as Europe’s Ryder Cup captain for 2018.
- New York City striker David Villa has been crowned Major League Soccer’s MVP for 2016.
- Saracens have bolstered their second row options with the signing of Australia lock Will Skelton.
The Best Thing We Shared
Klay Thompson was in sensational form for Golden State last night as he scored 60 points in just 29 minutes.
On The Record
“Just because Sean Cavanagh pulled a guy down and some clown in an RTE studio decides to throw the toys out of the pram really and make it more than it was.”
Diarmuid Connolly didn’t hold back when asked for his thoughts on the back card and the mark yesterday.
Where we were today
Fintan O’Toole was down at Croke Park for the Littlewoods Ireland sponsorship announcement.
Source: Stephen McCarthy/SPORTSFILE
The Fixture List
- The Champions League group stages continues on Wednesday with eight more games down for decision.
- Tottenham host CSKA Moscow at Wembley Stadium and Leicester travel to face Porto, with all games kicking-off at 7.45pm.
Ever dream of owning a football club? Non-league club Basingstown Town has gone on sale on eBay with bidding starting at just 99p!
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!
Click Here: Tottenham Hotspur soccer tracksuit