We’ll Leave It There So: One in the eye for Eddie, Bolt loses a medal and all today’s sport
- Ireland head coach Joe Schmidt was at the Six Nations launch in London today and is confident Johnny Sexton will be fit for the Championship.
- Schmidt’s rival coach Conor O’Shea has called on his Italy side to end debate over relegation.
- Robbie Brady looks set to complete a €10.5 million move back to the Premier League with Crystal Palace.
Niamh Briggs with her fellow national captains as the Women’s Six Nations was launched in London.
Source: Billy Stickland/INPHO
- eir Sport have unveiled the matches at the heart of their GAA league coverage
- A national games centre is for the nation, not just for Dubs, insist the GAA.
- UL battled from nine points down before securing a dramatic late win over Maynooth in the Sigerson Cup.
- Katie Taylor’s big New York night has been iced because of bickering promoters.
- Usain Bolt is now the owner of just eight Olympic Gold medals after a positive doping test on Nesta Carter stripped Jamaica of their 2008 4 x 100m title.
- England head coach Eddie Jones arrived at the Six Nations launch sporting a black eye (definitely not anything to do with Dylan Hartley)
- Serena Williams and Rafa Nadal progressed to their respective Australian Open finals in Melbourne this morning.
Serena Williams in action in Melbourne this morning.
Source: Kin Cheung
- That big Tiger Woods announcement that kept you from sleeping last night? He’ll play with TaylorMade clubs.
- Here’s all your football transfer gossip.
The Best Thing We Shared
Rachid Alioui’s winner for Morocca against the Ivory Coast yesterday was a beaut.
On The Record
We always want to tackle low, but there are times when, as a second man, low isn’t an option. It’s about my arms, bring them tighter to my body, following through with those, then shoulder, then arm.”
– Dangerous Dylan Hartley explains how he’s working to tackle safely when he returns from his latest ban.
Where we were today
Fintan O’Toole was at the launch of eir Sport’s GAA coverage while Murray Kinsella was at the Six Nations launch.
Click Here: dublin gaa jerseys
of the team
Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.
Become a Member
Source: Morgan Treacy/INPHO
The Fixture List
In the Sigerson Cup preliminary round tomorrow, Garda College host Cork IT in Templemore, while GMIT take on IT Sligo in Carnamore and in the first round proper IT Carlow host IT Tralee (all 14.00).
Manchester United will look to complete the job in their league Cup semi-final against Hull. The second leg gets under way at 19.45.
Jose Mourinho discusses his new haircut!
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!