We’ll Leave It There So: Schmidt names team, Ireland drop in Fifa rankings and today’s sport
Paddy Jackson at training earlier.
Source: James Crombie/INPHO
- Joe Schmidt has made two changes to his starting team to face Italy on Saturday, with Donnacha Ryan and Cian Healy coming into the XV.
- Tom Tierney has also made two changes to the Irish Women’s Rugby side to face Italy.
- Ireland have dropped two places to 25th in the Fifa world rankings.
- A Munster schools clash between PBC and St Munchin’s will be replayed next week after ‘unprecedented injury circumstances’ brought the fixture to an early finish yesterday.
- Roscommon have named their side to face Donegal.
- UL booked their place in the semi-finals of the Sigerson Cup, overcoming DIT to set up a clash against holders UCD.
- Women’s Rugby World Cup rights holder, eir Sport, has agreed to sub-licence Ireland games to RTÉ so Virgin Media customers will be able to see hosts Ireland in action.
- Munster have made five chanes to their team to face Dragons.
- South African International Marcell Coetzee will make his long-awaited debut for Ulster tomorrow night.
- FAI Chief Executive John Delaney is running for a place on the Uefa’s Executive Committee.
Source: John Locher
- Italy captain Sergio Parisse has overcome an injury to lead his side against Ireland on Saturday.
- All Blacks lock Patrick Tuipulotu has been “fully exonerated” of doping after his B-sample came up clean.
- Rory MacDonald‘s first fight for Bellator will headline the California-based mixed martial arts organisation’s return to London later this year.
- England and Wales have both make two changes to their respective sides ahead of Saturday’s Six Nations clash in Cardiff.
The Best Thing We Shared
The Sunderland players, including John O’Shea, visited young fan Bradley Lowery today.
Where We Were Today
Murray Kinsella and Sean Farrell were at Carton House to keep an eye on the Ireland rugby team , while Emma Duffy was at the Littlewoods camogie league launch in the Radisson Hotel.
On The Record
Source: Billy Stickland/INPHO
Click Here: all stars nrl merchandise
Rugby isn’t healthy for the mind. It’s up and down. You could be on top of the world one week and then you’re back down. You’re representing your country which is always massive, you know the whole nation is watching you and the people that travel and then when you have a poor start, you come so close and then you lose it’s extremely disappointing.” – Keith Earls.
The Fixture List
Ireland U20s continue their Six Nations campaign against Italy tomorrow night [KO 7pm Irish time]. Meanwhile Munster face Newport Dragons and Ulster meet Edinburgh.
Just say it how it is boys! 😂 #LCFC #DCFC #bbcfacup pic.twitter.com/GtRZlyPHJP
— Match of the Day (@BBCMOTD) February 8, 2017
Source: Match of the Day/Twitter
Martin O’Neill was on fire during the BBC’s coverage of Derby-Leicester last night.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!