We’ll Leave it There So: Schmidt set to show faith, Ronnie O’Sullivan’s ‘robot’ interview and all today’s sport
Eimear Considine pictured at the Ireland Women’s Rugby Media Briefing in Sandymount Hotel earlier.
Source: Dan Sheridan/INPHO
- Joe Schmidt is unlikely to ring the changes for the Italy trip, but Donnacha Ryan is expected to get a recall.
- Paul Mannion starred as UCD walloped 13-man University of Ulster in the Sigerson Cup, while Cathal McShane was the star as St Mary’s stunned DCU and Brian O’Driscoll helped UCC earn an extra-time victory over Carlow IT.
- Connacht were handed a double contract boost earlier.
- Kerry All-Ireland winner Eoin Brosnan will miss out on Dr Crokes’ club football semi-final against Corofin.
- Women’s Champions League-winning manager Colin Bell has been named as the new Ireland boss.
- Calvin Nash will start for Ireland U20s on the back of his recent senior Munster debut.
- Andy Lee has been added to the Golovkin-v-Jacobs St Patrick’s Day card.
Atletico Madrid have denied claims that Antoine Griezmann will leave in the summer.
Source: Francisco Seco
- Katie Taylor has been beaten to the punch as top US Olympic star Claressa Shields is set to face Hungary’s Szilvia Szabados in what is the first women’s boxing fight to achieve main-event status on premium TV.
- Atletico Madrid President Enrique Cerezo has dismissed suggestions that Antoine Griezmann could leave to join Man United in the summer.
- 17-year-old Canadian tennis star Denis Shapovalov claims he ‘blacked out’ after hitting an umpire with a ball.
- America is freaking out over LaMelo Ball, the high-school basketball player who scored 92 points.
- Stipe Miocic will have an opportunity to avenge his last defeat when he puts his UFC heavyweight belt on the line later this year.
- US Olympic gold medallist Dawn Harper-Nelson claims her blood pressure meds caused a positive drugs test.
The Best Thing We Shared
The crossbar robbed us of a beautiful Lionel Messi free-kick last night.
Source: Match Center/YouTube
Click Here: Netherlands National Team soccer tracksuit
Where We Were Today
Pictured are Shamrock Rovers manager Stephen Bradley, Glen Killane Managing Director of eir TV and Sport, and Dundalk’s Sean Gannon as eir Sport today announced exclusively live coverage of the match between Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers in the opening weekend of the SSE Airtricity League.
Source: Dan Sheridan/INPHO
Ben Blake went down to the eir Group HQ to chat to Shamrock Rovers boss Stephen Bradley and Dundalk’s Sean Gannon at the eir Sport LOI launch, while Emma Duffy was in Sandymount for the Ireland Women’s Rugby media day.
On The Record
Ronnie O'Sullivan goes robotic in interview… pic.twitter.com/GKDc0E6P0G
— ITV Football (@itvfootball) February 7, 2017
Source: ITV Football/Twitter
I am very happy with my game, I hope I can keep playing very well to the end of the season. Thank you very much, Neal.”
– Ronnie O’Sullivan gave a bizarre interview to ITV and consequently explained his reasons for doing so.
The Fixture List
- University of Limerick take on Dublin Institute of Technology in the Sigerson Cup tomorrow.
Fans are set to vote on Bohemians’ away jersey for 2017.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!